London Oncology Nurse Network Meeting: Mirrors of Medicine Wednesday 20th April
An interactive workshop utilising the mirrors of medicine educational tool for decision making in prostate cancer.
Leadership in Nursing Knowledge & Skills meeting on Thursday 21st April 2016, 09:30 – 17:00 at the Novotel London Paddington
This meeting has been developed, managed and funded by Astellas Pharma Ltd. specifically for urology nurses, and will comprise of two workshops chosen in collaboration with the BAUN Council:
Resilience – tackling difficult work situations
Ian Golding, Training Director, The Method
- enhance your confidence in your working environment
Having difficult conversations
Professor Dame Lesley Fallowfield, Professor of Psycho-Oncology, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Director of Sussex Health Outcomes Research & Education in Cancer (SHORE-C)
- a practical approach to improve interactions with your patients
You will have the opportunity to complete both of the workshops and further information is provided in the attached invitation.
Urology Study Day: Inform, Innovate, Empower- Launching 09.06.2016
In association with the British Journal of Nursing, Hollister and the British Association of Urological Nurses, this FREE study day is focused on education for Urology Nurses and Continence Nurses.
Attendance includes a fully CPD accredited conference, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- Minimum standards in continence care
- Excellence in continence care
- Urinary catheterisation - EPIC3 guidelines
- Urinary tract infection and urosepsis
- Reducing CAUTI's
- Identifying potential problems in ISC
- Botox Therapy
The British Society for Sexual Medicine Annual London Conference - Friday 29th April 2016
Click here to register
ACA Annual Conference and Exhibition 2016
23-24 May 2016
Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Scotland
The Association for Continence Advice (ACA) are holding their annual conference and exhibition on the 23rd and 24th May 2016 at the EICC in Edinburgh.
Registration is now open and we encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment. To secure your place please follow this link: www.eventsforce.net/acaconference2016
The theme of this year's programme is Transitions in Continence Care with sessions including:
- Obstetric Analysis Sphincter Injuries
- Update on the Multicath Study
- Anti-cholinergic Overload
- Controversies in Bowel Management
- Intermittent Catheterisation – The Real Alternative
- Protecting the Pelvic Floor and Perineum Before and During Childbirth
- Professional Standards - What happens if they drop
- Maintaining continence in care homes
- Dementia Pathway in Scotland
- Ethical Issues in Continence Care
- Fistulae Management
- Bladder Cancer
To secure your place at conference please visit the registration website by following this link www.eventsforce.net/acaconference2016 and book today!